Mi Flash Unlock is a free program from Xiaomi, which can unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO phones and tablets. It can be downloaded from the official website miui.com. Tool works on Windows and does not require installation on your PC.
Xiaomi bootloader unlocker program will not work if custom firmware (even MIUI-based) is installed on the phone or root rights are active. To unlock bootloader with Xiaomi program, you need first install official stock MIUI firmware.
To work with Mi Unlock, the phone must be tethered to your Mi account. When you run the program for the first time, you will be required to log in to your account, without this it will not work. We have written detailed instructions on how to unlock the Xiaomi bootloader, there are instructions on how to link your device to your account.
Included with the application is a set of drivers, which are also necessary for the operation of the utility. They should be installed before running Xiaomi Mi Unlock, otherwise the program will not see the phone.
Download Mi Unlock
You can download Mi Unlock from the official miui.com website through the link. The problem is that the latest version of the application is not always available there — the site is rarely updated. It often happens that a new version has already been released, but the official Xiaomi website hasn’t seen it for months.
Download Mi Flash Unlock bootloader for Windows from the official website miuirom.xiaomi.com:
|Version||Release date||Download link|
|Mi Unlock 6.6.510.37 — Latest||May 10, 2023||Download|
|Mi Unlock 6.5.406.31||September 19, 2022||Download|
|Mi Unlock 184.108.40.206||May 29, 2022||Download|
|Mi Unlock 220.127.116.11||February 1, 2022||Download|
Xiaomi Mi Unlock does not require installation on the PC. After downloading ZIP archive with the application, unzip it into any Windows directory.
At the same time, the app itself checks for a new version when launching it. Even if you download an old version from the official site, when launching Mi Flash Unlock will offer to download the latest software version.
Sometimes new version of the program may work unstably and send some errors. In this case the previous version of Mi Unlock can help. We keep links not only to new firmware for Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO smartphones and tablets, but also to official versions of MI Unlock.
We have tested the tool on Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7. On all operating systems the software works perfectly.
Unlocking the bootloader of Xiaomi, Redmi, POCO phones is the only function of the tool. There is nothing else it can do. Step-by-step instructions on how to use Mi Flash Unlock.
Frequent Mi Flash Unlock errors
However, you may encounter some strange bugs while using the program. Let’s take a look at the frequently encountered problems when using Mi Flash Unlock and options for fixing them.
Frequently occurring errors:
- Current account isn’t bund for this device. Reports that the smartphone has not been bound to the account. You need to go through this preparatory procedure.
- Couldn’t unlock the device. Occurs when trying to unlock multiple phones from one account. There may also be a problem with the specific region. Try to change the region to China via VPN and try the procedure again.
- Couldn’t verify device. Can’t get info. Connect again. Required drivers were not installed before unlocking.
- Network Error. Switch to another network (connect cable or mobile internet instead of Wi-Fi). VPN with a change of region can also help. If the problem is on Xiaomi servers, you’ll have to wait.
- Account verification error. Log out of your account and log in again. Try using a VPN. You can also change the MIUI language for a while.
- Unlock failed return to fastboot Reinstall ADB drivers, enable/disable VPN and repeat the procedure. If this doesn’t help, try replacing the USB cable.
- Can’t log in to Mi account. First of all, check that the username and password you entered are correct, then check your internet connection. If everything is okay, reboot your smartphone and try unlocking the bootloader again.
- Your device is not unlocked. This means you missed some point during the tethering phase of your phone to your MI account. Make sure to follow our instructions again.
- Error 401. Mi account tethering error. Sign out of your account and sign in again.
- Error 501. Download the latest version of Mi Unlock or reinstall the drivers. May help using the previous version of the program (you can download it from the links above).
- Error 10000. Try to turn on VPN and change region, then sign out of your account and log in again.
- Error 20091. Your account is linked to another smartphone. You’ll need to unlink the old smartphone before unlocking the new model.
- Error 86012. Most often occurs on custom firmware. Even those based on MIUI. Please install official ROM and try again.
- Error 90000.Appears if you have already unlocked 5 devices on this computer. This is a software limitation, you need to change your PC or operating system.
- Your device isn’t supported. You have custom firmware installed on your phone or tablet. You need to install the official MIUI.
- Binding time is too short. Less than 72 hours. Less than 72 hours passed before unlock attempt. We need to wait for the account to be approved.
- Mi Unlock not connected to the phone. Possible driver issue or incorrect application folder name. Also possible bad smartphone-PC connection due to poor quality cable.
- The process stops at 50%. Most often the problem is with the USB port on the computer. You need to connect the smartphone to the USB 2.0 port.
- The process stops at 99%. Often happens with AMD CPUs. You need to find an Intel based PC and repeat the procedure there.
- Unknown Error.Unknown error. To fix it you need to try all known methods: VPN, change network, update PC drivers, change PC. It is possible that the problem is on the side of Xiaomi servers.
- Your device isn’t supported by Mi Unlock. Sometimes it helps to use an earlier version of the program (the list of the official Mi Unlock versions). It’s also possible that you have custom firmware or version for another region installed. You need to flash the phone to Global ROM and restart the process.
One Xiaomi account can unlock only one device within 30 days and four phones per year.
If the phone doesn’t boot after unlocking the bootloader, you need to flash the phone via Fastboot Mode using Mi Flash Pro Tool. Or install TWRP, reset the device to factory settings and install the custom firmware.
If you use Wi-Fi, or haven’t logged out of your Mi account as described in our instructions, the following errors may occur:
- Couldn’t verify. Try adding your account and device again.
- Couldn’t verify, wait a minute or two and try again.
- Couldn’t add. Error code 20091 — Failed to add. Error code 20091.
Make sure that the phone is connected to the mobile internet and not to Wi-Fi. And exit the Mi account on the phone.
Mi Flash Unlock not detecting phone
Sometimes Mi Flash Unlock is unable to detect your phone when it is connected to a PC. The problem can be solved independently if it is of software nature. With hardware malfunctions, you need to go to the service.
Why does Mi Unlock not see the phone?
- Drivers are not installed. Install drivers from the program folder. In most cases, you don’t even need to reboot your computer after installation (tested on Windows 10 and 11).
- USB debugging is not enabled. If the option is not activated, the program may not see the connected phone. Activate USB Debugging mode in MIUI settings and try bootloader unlocking again.
- Defective USB cable. Most common problem is using an old, low quality or cheap fake USB cable. Find a different USB cable.
- Faulty USB port at PC. If the USB port in your PC or laptop is not working properly, Mi Unlock may not see the connected smartphone. Try using a different connector.
A few tips:
- Use a PC with an Intel-based processor. Otherwise, the result is not guaranteed.
- The phone must be at working condition. “Brick” needs to be repaired first.
- If Mi Unlock or Mi Flash Pro cannot detect your device or shows an unknown error, use another 64-bit PC to unlock it.
If you encountered errors and solved them, share your experience in comments.
the selection in country code dosent work?
What do you mean?
same to me i cant put the country code therefore i cant put my phone number
Try to use your e0mail address. If you added it to the Mi Account.