Mi PC Suite (Mi Phone Assistant) is a tool for working with Xiaomi via a computer. This free utility has a rich functionality, allows you to manage data on your Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO smartphones, and is often used to back up your phone’s data.
Other features include providing full information about the connected smartphone, syncing Xiaomi with your computer, transferring files from your phone to your computer and vice versa, displaying the phone screen on your PC, playing music and videos from your phone, viewing photos, messages and contacts.
You can also restore previously deleted files in the phone memory, install updates and MIUI firmware. To install updates, it is important that the phone has the stock Recovery installed, the program cannot work with custom recuperations.
Mi PC Suite Download
It used to be called Mi PC Suite and was available in English. Tool was also known as Mi Phone Manager. Later, the developers renamed the utility Mi Phone Assistant and started releasing it in Chinese only.
Mi Phone Assistant differs from Mi PC Suite for PC in having a Chinese language, a nice interface, but also a list of compatible Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO phone models. If your phone is released before 2019, you can download Mi PC Suite. But the utility isn’t always able to work with more modern smartphones – for those, it’s better to download Mi Phone Assistant.
We offer the original links to the official versions. You just have to download the program and install it on your computer. It is 100% safe.
Download Mi PC Suite from the official website miuirom.xiaomi.com:
|Version||Release date||Download link|
|Mi Assistant 4.2.1028.10 — Latest||October 28, 2021|
|Mi Assistant 3.2.522.32||May 22, 2020|
|Mi PC Suite 18.104.22.16811||November 17, 2018|
|Mi PC Suite 22.214.171.12471||April 7, 2016|
|Mi PC Suite 126.96.36.19932||July, 3 2015|
The utility automatically checks for a new version at start-up. If you download and install an older version, Mi PC Suite will prompt you to download the latest version.
To run the software on a PC, you need Windows XP or higher. We have tested the utility on Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7. On all operating systems the software works perfectly.
There is no version for Linux or macOS. The official website of PC Suite is zhushou.xiaomi.com (it is in Chinese), the old official website pcsuite.mi.com has not been updated for over 8 years.
It is almost impossible to understand the Chinese version without knowing the interface. So we suggest downloading. In the 1.2Mb archive there is a folder with translation files: replace this folder with the same folder in the directory with the installed utility on your Windows drive.
Connecting Xiaomi phone to Mi PC Suite
To connect the utility to your phone, download and install the software, activate USB debugging on your smartphone and use the original USB cable to connect to your PC.
How to connect to Mi PC Suite:
- Launch Mi PC Suite or Phone Assistant and log in to your Mi account.
- Enable USB debugging in MIUI settings.
- Connect your phone to the PC using a cable.
- In the program window, press the “Repeat” button if it didn’t connect the first time.
The main window of the utility will then display the working area of the programme. The connection is now active. You can start Xiaomi backup and performing any other operations on your phone.
Mi PC Suite does not see your phone
Sometimes the software may not see your connected phone, not responding to the connection via USB cable.
Why Mi PC Suite does not detect phone:
- The USB cable is defective. You need to use an original USB cable to connect your phone. Cheap Chinese equivalents may not work correctly. If Mi PC Suite does not see your connected Xiaomi, Redmi, POKO phone, the first thing to do is to check the cable you are using for integrity and replace it with the original one.
- Problems with USB port on PC. Most often problems occur when the phone is connected to the USB 3.0 port. Software does not always work correctly with this interface, therefore it is recommended to use USB 2.0.
- Wrong or outdated drivers installed. In order for the software to detect the connected phone^ drivers are required. Usually they are installed together with application, but it’s better to download and install Universal ADB Driver. The driver will work for any type of phone.
- The tool is blocked by the standard Windows antivirus. Sometimes the Windows anti-virus software assumes that Mi PC Suite is a Trojan horse and blocks the software from running. In fact, if the software was downloaded from the official website, there can be no malicious attachments in it. Solution: Disable antivirus protection while using the application.
- USB debugging is disabled. Sometimes users forget to activate USB debugging on their phone before connecting it to their computer. This action is mandatory, especially if they plan to back up user data.
- Outdated version of the software. Mi PC Suite may not see phones released after 2018. In this case, you need to download Mi Phone Assistant.
- Program error. There is a known problem when the utility can’t connect to the Xiaomi phone the first time. Reconnecting the device via USB cable helps. It may take several attempts.
Xiaomi hasn’t given up on developing its Mi Phone Assistant utility. Over the years, the program has become visually prettier, more stable in operation, but has lost the English language. There is hope that in the future the developers will add languages other than Chinese, but it is small.